Barber-Scotia College is a four-year, independent, co-ed college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A). It was founded in 1867 as Scotia Seminary, preparing black women for careers as social workers and teachers. The name of the institution changed to Scotia Women's College in 1916. A merger with Barber-Scotia Memorial College of Anniston, Alabama in 1930 resulted in the adoption of the College's present name in 1932. The first bachelor's degree was granted in 1945. In 1946, the North Carolina Board of Education gave the College a four-year rating. In 1954, the school became a co-ed college, allowing men to enroll. The college maintains close ties to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). The school's motto, Lumen Veritas et Utilitas, means "knowledge, Truth and Service". A complimentary feature of the College is its design as a liberial arts institution whose mission in the total development of its students - intellectually, physically,emotionally,socially and spiritually.
Barber-Scotia College Forms
Annual Fund Donations
|The Barber-Scotia College has an aggressive individual giving campaign. Your donation along with what we hope will be many other individual donations will go to.... Read More|